July 19, 2008

Hot Air Ballooning in Cappadocia

I have heard countless times that the best place to experience a hot air balloon ride is in Cappadocia. And I have tried to ride twice before but because of the weather conditions, it was cancelled both times. But it was third time lucky for me because the day we were scheduled to go for the ride, the weather was perfect, calm and clear day.



We flew with Mike Green from Kappadokya Balloons, the pioneers who brought hot air ballooning to Cappadocia. It was an amazing feeling as we took off from the ground. As we were the first to fly, we could see more than twenty balloons on the ground, backdropped by the very scenic Goreme. Mike's an amazing pilot!! He is the best pilot in my opinion as he brought us to nook and corners.....he floated us intimately among the fairy chimneys, as close as touching one. There were oohs and ahhs from fellow passengers as we went along. If only I could describe the way I felt at that time!! Maybe the photos will......so enjoy folks :)

Ajeeen - Travelogue Turkey Cappadocia

No comments: