June 5, 2008

Turkey


Over the past 12 years, I have been to Turkey nine times. On each visit, I add a different city to my itinerary. Why Turkey you ask? Well, it was love at first sight. The country, the history, the culture and the people, of course....everything fascinates me. So here in ajeeen-travelogue, I hope to bring Turkey to you. And do check out some Turkish products on sale on http://www.ajeeen.com/

I spent my first day in Istanbul, visiting close friends. And in the evening, we made our way from Eminonu to Uskudar by ferryboat, just in time to watch the sunset at Kiz Kulesi. We drank sahlep and ate toast with sausage, roasted tomato and mayonnaise fillings. Just a simple dinner while enjoying the magnificient view.


The next day, we took a flight to Adiyaman www.adiyamanli.org/main . It is located on the eastern side of Turkey and it took about 1hr 50mins by plane. After our arrival, we took an old airport bus, which was waiting outside the arrival hall, to the city centre. We had to change to another bus to get us to Bozdogan hotel. The hotel is clean and nice, with a pool and a big dining area.

After check-in, we walked around the area to look for a tour agency to book for our tour of Mount Nemrut, but none was available. So we decided to just book with the hotel. It cost us 200YTL for a van and driver cum guide. We were told to be at the hotel lobby at 2.30am. Oh my God!! 2.30am??



No comments: